...definitely a coffee grinder. This is the first installment of the Cafe ministry connected to Montpellier Church of the Nazarene. We're pretty sure it's the biggest coffee grinder ever (Dave says that's actually not true, that other professional grinders are generally quite big, like this one). Dave was happy to have found this used professional coffee grinder at a second-hand store. A new one would've cost 750 euros, and Dave bought it for 70 euros!
- The Arts - We're going to invite people from the community (both the church community, surrounding community and art students) to come and create art and share their art in a community. We will work hard at creating a safe place for this to happen. Do you believe people can connect to God through art???
- Music - We'll be having regularly music nights and invite the community to participate in Open Mic nights or come to concerts with various themes.
- Language - The space has two great private rooms to offer English lessons and have conversational groups, all while the rest of the Cafe can remain open.
- Dialogue - This can be one of the biggest things happening in the Cafe. We want to invite the community to have dialogue with us. In addition to the scheduled Theological discussion times, we're hoping people will feel comfortable enough to come in, who might not come in on Sunday, to ask about the church, to ask about God, and just to get to know us.
- Families - Across the street from the church is a Private Catholic school AND surrounding the church are several apartment buildings. Every day many many families walk through the plaza where the church sits. We would like to provide times for children of all ages to come in for activities and have parents relax, meet others, and drink coffee.